Sign in to follow this  
ilovemycar

How much 4 a new clutch - fitted?

So, a new clutch is needed 'cos the current one is slipping - what sort of money do you think would be likely for the clutch and fitting? The master cylinder is going too, the pedal sort of scrunches underfoot at the first gear change of the day, been told this is a master cylinder.

Does it all come together or are they two separate items to fit? I know garage charges vary massively, but a rough figure would be helpful?

what car is it? on my old g60 for a new clutch fitted incl parts was around 500 quid mark, not sure on the master cylinder tho....

yeah i'ed budget for that but my advice if you plan on keeping the car would be to put a VR clutch in, it's a little more but worth it especially if your running smaller pulleys etc...

Right, so do I buy the clutch and cylinder together? Where from? Sorry to sound so clueless; it must be the shock of realising I have got to spend my kids inheritence on the car. Ah well, at least they get to travel in style and not in a people carrier like some poor children.