Sign in to follow this  
ilovemycar

How to deal with teeny rust spots?

They are around the windscreen, just a very few and very small, but I want to stop them getting any bigger. What should I put on them? I'm assuming some kind of rust eater thingy from Autoquip or the like, but any specific suggestions? Cheers!

When you say around the windscreen do you mean at the edge of the rubber trim?. If so I would suggest you remove it and check for rust underneath as if there is rust and you only treat what you can see it will only come back.

I've always used Kurust or Loctite Rust Remedy and found them to be effective. If the rust is quite heavy use a smal screwdriver (very carefully) to remove the top layers and try to get a bit closer to the bare metal underneath before applying the rust treatment.

Good luck!

Right, yes they are around the rubber seal. Can I take this off myself - being a mechanical know nothing - is this easy? Or should I get the car hospital up the road to do it for me?

I tried pulling back the windscreen rubber and now it wont go back. All the sealant has come unstuck, so i'd go easy if trying the same. It has had a new screen at some point so maybe it was badly sealed/stuck?

I thought it was sealed?

pretty sure its got sealant round it.

rofl at "car hospital" :lol:

danger danger rust will be on the window seam, to fix this proper you will have to get the window taken out, or it will come back :(

Deluk