Sign in to follow this  
Ztone

Desperate! Reprogram remote enginestart with Clifford remote

I have a problem. I live in Sweden and Clifford is not an approoved system with insurance companies here, so they don't have retailers or installers in this country that can help me.

Somehow I've managed, by pressing wird combinations on the five button "big" remote, to de-activate the combination that turned on the remote engine start function.

It worked before I pressed some strange combinations on the remote, but after me having "played" with it, the old combination on the remote that started up the engine, doesn't work anymore.

Is there a way to choose a new combination for the remote-engine-start function by only having access to the car and the remote? There definately should be because it apparently worked the other way around.

Now for you guys who are not interested in why I started playing with the alarm, you can stop reading here :)

I flew over to the UK last week and bought an Evo2. On the ferry back home they wanted everyone to turn off the alarms because many alarms go off by the ship moving and shaking. I didn't have an instructions manual and couldn't get hold of the old owner of the car. I knew by experience that these Clifford Alarms have a service mode (my Skyline has another version of the Clifford Alarm).

So I started pressing all kinds of randomly chosen combinations on the remote trying to find the service mode. Finally belive it or not, I tapped the little side button twice and then the big round button once, and I found the service mode :) The indicator light turned on and stayed on without blinking.

After that... I noticed that the combination "side button twice, then small bottom button once" for turning the engine on with the remote, didn't work :( The only thing that happens now when I press that combination is that all turn signals flash once... but the engine doesn't start.

Please advise me people! I know that one of you have very useful information for me... just have to find the right one :(

is it a manual car? if so the engine needs to be running, then put into autostart mode by pressing shift twice then button 3(the big button being button one, then clock wise round the button 2 3 4 etc) (shift is the side button) the engine will then stay running while you turn the key to the off position. then get out of the car and arm it in the normal way. the engine will stop. on returning to the car press button 3 and it will start.

You can get nearly all the clifford manualshere and you can they program the alarm as required. but the best way to do it is get the clifford wizard and a laptop and put the PC into the alarm G4 port if its compatable.

is it a manual car? if so the engine needs to be running, then put into autostart mode by pressing shift twice then button 3(the big button being button one, then clock wise round the button 2 3 4 etc) (shift is the side button) the engine will then stay running while you turn the key to the off position. then get out of the car and arm it in the normal way. the engine will stop. on returning to the car press button 3 and it will start.

You can get nearly all the clifford manualshere and you can they program the alarm as required. but the best way to do it is get the clifford wizard and a laptop and put the PC into the alarm G4 port if its compatable.

Unbelievable! If this works I am forever greatful. Oh, and yes, it's an automatic car.

what you have done is basically re-program the auto start for a manual car, you need to reprogram it for an automatic car. that way the car can be auto started without the autostart running before you leave the car.

what you have done is basically re-program the auto start for a manual car, you need to reprogram it for an automatic car. that way the car can be auto started without the autostart running before you leave the car.

Hi!

I was out testing now. What you wrote partially worked. I pressed 2xshift and "3", took out the keys from the ignition, and the car was still idleling. I got out, pressed the lock button and the doors locked and the car shut down.

But I couldn't start it again with the remote. Neither by just pressing button "3" (then the alarm just shut off and the locks opened) nor by pressing 2xshift then "3" (then all the turn signals just flashed once, but nothing else happened.

:(

I got the Clifford Wizard now. I just have to find the actual main unit for the alarm to see what kind of connection I have to have.

Do you think I can solve my problem with the Wizard?

Ztone, the clifford wizard need a cable from clifford.

you need to change it from manual gear box to auto gearbox setting then go from there.