Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

passat handles on C/L off- HELP?

a few wks bk i had a problem with the cental lockin & windows not workin and was told it was just the fuse at the top on its own. witch it was and the central lockin is now workin find, well on the doors anyway!

the fuel cap is still not releasein and the windows still dont work?

if anyone could shed some light on this it would be great?

thanks alot Dave

rite ive just fitted may passat rear handle & mecs to the drivers door of my rado, as the orginal one was broken!

but the central lockin has stoped workin again now!!!!

is it because i had to disconet the wires comin from the orginal handles (for central lockin i guse and had nothin to plug back in as the passat handles dont have this wire/conector? help

a few wks bk i had a problem with the cental lockin & windows not workin and was told it was just the fuse at the top on its own. witch it was and the central lockin is now workin find, well on the doors anyway!

the fuel cap is still not releasein and the windows still dont work?

if anyone could shed some light on this it would be great?

thanks alot Dave

The electric wires only do the automatic shut on the sunroof.

The central locking is vacuum operated.

Take the drivers side rear door card off and check the earth and the large relay behind that because that relay does windows and sunroof.

As far as the central locking is concerned, check for any air leaks. Lock the car (with you inside it) and when you lock it listen for any air escaping (you will be able to hear it).

Sorry and No, we had no problems fitting our passat handles once we had adjusted the striker (we didnt use passat mechs).

Yeah - the wires are only for the CL switch on the key, they should be taped up so not shorting - should still work fine remotely...

Any moisture getting in the boot? - this kills C/L pumps...

ill check bhide the rear card 2mora. but at the mo i have no central lockin at all-its not even makin any noise!?

and because i now have a delocked handle on the drivers side i have to shut that soor go round to the pass side lean over push pin down to lock drivers door then get out shut pass door and lock that with the key as i havnt changed that one yet!?