Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Clock resetting itself?

Hi peeps as title reads, noticed it the other day & this morning too, seems to happen on cold early morning startups, the digi mileage seams to re-set too, is there bad earthing??

:?:

i have the exact same problem as you i also have the exact same car but i can't tell you why it's just really annoying and i sympathise totally...

mine does it sometimes too, but the mpg will reset too, but only on one of the mfa. the other one carries on as normal.. my clock hasnt reset since i fitted a new battery, maybe yours is gettin a little tired and the starter is suckin all the juice from it?? :shock:

i did think of that but my battery is only 1 year old does your car have immob or alarm fitted......... more importantly did you have it fitted or was it on there when you bought it.................

its got a toad alarm/immob combo.. my battery was wrecked though, had trouble turning over some days.. my mpg prob though.. does yours reset on one of the two settings every time you start up? just wondering if its meant to be like that, one reading normally until you reset, and the other automatically resetting on every journey??? :?

i'm prietty sure that in pos. 1 it resets it's self if the car is off for more than a couple of hours but otherwise just carries on as normal and in pos 2 it does'nt reset unless you reset it manually.... if you have your manual it tells you in there ....

lol.. thats the problem, i havent got anythin for the thing.. dunno what some of the options are on the mfa. theres clock. mpg. oil temp. ave speed. outside temp. and is it time how long its run for since being reset? :shock:

yep it starts as soon as you start and stop the engine it only resets if you leave it for more than a couple of hours. another trick you might wanna try is if you have elec windows leave them open get out and lock the door but hold the key in the lock position and it may close your windows does on mine (that is if you have'nt got a full closure already) quite useful if like me forget about the windows :? there are other tricks with the mfa like you can get a digital rev read out by pressing this and that, you can get alsorts come up but i can't remember all of them(will if your reading this you know) ........

i know about the trick of holding the mfa button in wen ignition is on, turn ign off then back on, mfa button. would try the lock thing but ive got windey windey windows hehe :(

I was planning to get a Big silver bosch battery 65amp or biggest one the alternator is able to charge!!!? as I'm fitting ICE soon.. 8)

cheers for tip though matey... :D

This may help too, if you don't fit a higher output alternator, fit an 8v golf alternator pulley, these are ever so slightly smaller than the 16v ones and will spin your alternator quicker, doesn't harm anything as far as I know because I've had one on for years with no trouble.

David.

I was planning to get a Big silver bosch battery 65amp or biggest one the alternator is able to charge!!!? as I'm fitting ICE soon.. 8)

cheers for tip though matey... :D

Cheers David, we could have a look at that sometime.. may ring yah to meetup 2mrw to have a look at the washer jet thing :)