Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

Porsche 944 Door Handles

In this month's Performance VW a Golf owner has fitted the door handles from a 944 turbo to his steed,and I wouldn't mind giving it a go on my Corrado.I think they'd look even better on the C.Would they fit?

944 handles fit directly onto a golf without modification, they would look a bit old fashioned on the rado though and wont fit directly as the recesses are different as far as i know, 968 handles would look better on a rado, smoother and more modern looking.

944 handles fit directly onto a golf without modification, they would look a bit old fashioned on the rado though and wont fit directly as the recesses are different as far as i know, 968 handles would look better on a rado, smoother and more modern looking.

Dammit!..coolrado,you're supposed to say"yes,they're a perfect fit for the 'rado,and cost only one small pig"-or something like that.

I see what you're saying but the Mk1. Golf pulls it off,so I'm sure it'd look the nuts on a Corrado.

yes,they're a perfect fit for the 'rado,and cost only one small pig

I think the chances of anything being that simple with a Corrado are very small indeed.

You could always try and make em fit though...

you can buy tools from machine mart to joggle the recess for a mk2 door handle, but you would then require some paint and maybe filling work to be done.

I to saw the 944 handles on said golf and thought they looked awesome, especially with the engraved 'Porsche' on em. I reckon if colour coded they'd prob look pretty trick and poss not to pricey at a breakers/scrappy.

If only they were easy to fit :cry:

the ones with the porsche script are also solid and dont have the insert like the golf or cheaper porsche ones, my mate got a set from a porsche for his golf but they are the cheaper ones with the wood grain effect inserts.

the solid ones with the porsche script are good quality aluminium and really polish up well, and look especially good polished with the porsche writing body coloured.

The ones with the script were also apparently only used for one production year....I sourced a set for a customer and porsche apart wanted £65 a side....plus vat.