Sign in to follow this  
yeti

New Alarm Fitted... C/L and Windows now dont work???

I had to get a new alarm fitted last week as the Sigma Cat 1 that came with the car when i bought it went loopy and wouldn't stop imobilising the car even when blipped off, it then went through a phase of going off about 7 times in a row when i blipped it to unlock the car!

Anyhow the old Sigma unit also did the central locking, the new one hasnt been programed in to do the central locking as at the time the drivers door lock didnt work and the fitter didnt think it had c/l!

I have a new Avatal Cat 1 alarm fitted and this works well apart from the problem with the windows and central locking! It seems that when i activate the alarm it closes the sunroof so i'm guessing it would do the same with the windows but they dont work, on the drivers side or passenger.

Does anyone on here know when fitting 1 of these alarms could anything happen to stop these two systems working? its very annoying at the moment as i cant get into the boot! (the lock barrel wont work with the key that operates the rest of the car!)

Thats another thing i went to vw and asked about orderign a new barrel for the boot lock and there are 3 available for the C non of which require you to provide you chassis number when ordering from Germany, this is surely vital in order to match it to the key used for the rest of the car?

I'm going back to the fitters on friday when i finish work to try and get them to rectify the problem but i'd like to have an idea whats going wrong so they dont just fob me off with crap excuses.

Any help would be awesome guys

thanks

Andy

asked about orderign a new barrel for the boot lock and there are 3 available for the C non of which require you to provide you chassis number when ordering from Germany, this is surely vital in order to match it to the key used for the rest of the car?

Id imagine this will be supplied with its own key, ie a different one to the rest of your car.

Yeah thats what i feared when i looked on the ETKA screen but surely this cant be right, or if this is the only way can the barrels be modified to work with the same key as the ignition?

Good question.

Whats actually wrong with the one youve got now?? Can it not be stripped down and put right??

If not you may not have a choice.

mk3 yeti, Have you managed to get into the boot yet?

Had the same with mine, Barel would lock and unlock but when you pressed the button, nothing.

Ended up crawling over the rear seats, pulling the black panel off the inside and operating the boot release that way. (pull the long rod running across the hatch)

The "Monkey Metal" colar round the barrel had broken, and I managed to get another but no key so in the process of removing and fitting my original barrel I mangled the CL balljoint. But at least I can open the boot from the outside now!

vwdeviant, top tips ;-) but i havent had the chance to look at the C yet as i've been at work during the day and i've been making good use of my local indoor snow slope in the evenings, i'll have a more detailed look tonight... Got to do it by next week as my 'board doesnt really fit in my daily driver... a lovely micra :lol:

After posting this i noticed a few other cl problems people have been having, i'll check the fuses as well tonight as that seems to be a common problem, fingers crossed i should be able to get closer to getting all the niggles sorted out

At least i'll be able to open the boot now anyhow, thanks

Sorry Goldie, forgot to answer your question earlier, the problem is the key will go into the lock but will not turn, the button presses in but it stays locked... :(