Sign in to follow this  
Johnno

R32 Wheels

Going to be buying my first Rado soon and wondered if anyone could help? Could I fit MK4 R32 rims (8.0 x 18), or are they too big?

Cheers

If they are an 18 uid imagine youll have to mod arches.

Anything is possible, its just how much work you want to put in (and money) to make it happen.

yeah, they fit ok. but I have arch work, and a totally different rear axle.

got 8x18's on now, but with corrado friendly 215/35/18's, not 225/40/18's like the mk4 uses

Thanks for your advice everyone. Would I have to change the rear axle? Would love to be able to put the R32's on, but if it's alot of work........?

i guess you will have to roll the arches for a start, i would guess phatvr6 changed his rear axle as im sure the corrado there on is running 4x4 from a golf rallye. best wait for phat to reply see what else was done!! if they dont fit tho oz do some similar looking wheels in a 17

i didn't mean you'd have to change your axle, I just thought I'd point out that mines different. they fit mine, but they may not fit yours you see.

212356319.jpg

131993176.jpg

131993168.jpg

look closely...

there isn't even a hub in thereI just chucked the wheel in the arch to see what it'd look like. it's sat on a jack on the subframe.

Only realised what I'd said after I sent it!! Other idea was Porsche Cup "17"s, apart from adapters and bolts would they fit o.k?

yeah they should fit, unless you go really wide at the back. have a look in the members gallery for phil k he is running cups so is blue joe. just use the search mate its been covered quite a bit!!