Sign in to follow this  
AB

scuttle tray removal

hi my car is going back to the body shop on the 19th to have the engine bay painted and a few bits smoothed. i have asked him to remove the scuttle tray as well he said thats fine i would just like it if some one could tell me whats involved is it structual and if removed what welding needs doing? thanks for any advice.

nice, is it structual? do you have a pic? did you have to weld anything after? sorry for all the questions

cant see as it would be structural ,theres not enough to hold it in ,i dont have any pics of it during taking it out ,ive got one of it finished though

didn't mean to post that twice ! no i didn't have to weld any thing ,just a skim of filler ,i also removed the sound deadening (i presume) from behind it ,and that was a right b1tch ,also dont forget youll need someway to mount the one wiper bolt ,and somewhere to put the coilpack/coil

cheers for that mate really handy. thats a good point phatvr6 i was thinking about turning mine in a plate that i could rivet somewhere.

ive got it sat in the car at the mo ,car is off the road ,suppose it could be put on the slam panel or something ,is there rules regarding where there put ?

another bit to remove! there can't be much left to take off! when are we gonna start putting things back on? :) :wink: