Sign in to follow this  
andyVR6

Programming VW alarm fobs

just picked up an ebay bargain but cant find the instructions anywhere on the net on how to program it to my alarm. From some of the posts on here i think the alarms a scorpion. the fob is identical to the one in this pic

t_dsc_0003_192.jpg

You're going to have a problem. VW basically have to remove the alarm unit from the car and send it back to Scorpion (the original manufacturers) to get it coded to the fob!

And I thought I should of recognised that - thats my bunch of keys :)

And I thought I should of recognised that - thats my bunch of keys :)

Jim I have the same fob as you,do you know what the 3-pinned thingy is on the side of the fob? Is it possible to buy these fobs from VW still?(highly unlikely,I know).

mine doesn't have the 3 pin bit on the side. haven't scorpion gone bust? do they have to be sent to scorpion or will an alarm installer with the right equipment be able to do it. any ideas on price. if its expensive ill rip the toad oput of my other C

the fobs going to be used as a donor to put it into a flip key but i wanted it to work before i started butchering it. id rather break this fob than the two that i have already got.

I've got an alarm ecu and 2 fobs (same as in the pic) for the vag scorpion 5000. Would they be of any use to you?

thanks but no thanks my alarm works fine and have two perfect fobs just wanting to do the flip key thing. my other Cs got a toad ai606 on it but i cant take it out because its the only way in. the previous chav owner not only delocked it but dehandled it aswell