Sign in to follow this  
Bally

C/L not working

Lastnite my remote central locking packed up, cars delocked so had to climb in through the boot to get into car..

The Door pins havent been disconnected so Im not able to pull them to unlock car.. only way the car unlocked was to start the car & press key fob..

Cars fitted with a CAT 1 Toad alarm

could anyone tell me if the central locking has a relay?? no fuse listed on the fuse box that I could see?

Ive tried to arm the alarm it chirps but doesnt lock the car or flash the lights when the alarm normally arms/disarm...

Had a quick look through bentley manual lastnite, found a relay/fuse 16??

Im wondering if its the alarm or the central locking?? I dont have anyway of testing the pump as all locks have been removed.. so cant use the key to locks doors..

pls advise..

if your windows stillwork it's not the fuse ,the window/Central locking fuse is not in the row of fuses its above the relays in about the middle

Rob

Sounds like either the pum or a pipe off..

Bally if you arm it from inside can you hear the pump motor in the boot?

Although if they do unlock by starting the car and pressing the buttons then it sounds like the CL interface on the alarm....

Sounds like either the pum or a pipe off..

Bally if you arm it from inside can you hear the pump motor in the boot?

Although if they do unlock by starting the car and pressing the buttons then it sounds like the CL interface on the alarm....

Hello mate..

nope.. nothing happens.. no sound of life from the pump in the boot.. so unsure?

see thats what some1 else mentioned abt the alarm.. as the hazzards dont flash when arm/disarm alarm..

the interior light goes on when I disarm the alarm but doors dont lock or unlock now?? alarm just chirps???

Sounds like the Alarm... Guess it needs a trip to the fitters to be tested.

Unless some-one with a TOAD can shed some light?

Sounds like the Alarm... Guess it needs a trip to the fitters to be tested.

Unless some-one with a TOAD can shed some light?

Good job the guy who fitted the alarm is a good friend :lol:

I'll get onto him

cheers fella :wink:

I had a similar problem with my laserline alarm.

The fob armed and disarmed the alarm but never locked or unlocked the doors! and I couldn't hear the usual vacuum pump noise (whirring) which drives the door pins up and down when I pressed the fob buttons.

I thought it was the vacuum pump and so replaced it, which didnt solve it, but recently while changing the heater matrix I found a 10A fuse located above the fuse panel which I had never seen before. Mine was on top of the relays and very difficult to find which is why I never found it previous to this. Have a good root around for this and change it first likecarpy25 mentioned above to see if it fixes your prob.

Paddy

paddyg, i had that problem a while bk to them sorted it. now its started to blow the fuse all the time, but i dont know why?

Maybe too small a fuse? I think it was a 10A fuse i saw anyway, maybe put a 15A fuse in there and see if it'll still blow that? probably not the most correct thing to do, but it'd rule out incorrect fuse sizing???

Other than that I'm out of ideas, how old is the alarm? Mine was the original and while troubleshooting the problem I rang an auto-eleccy about it and he gave me the impression that if the alarm was over 5/6 yrs old then they cant be relied upon! Although you'd think they'd last a bit longer!

its the wrong fuse i put the same size in that came out (20A).

and yea mine on the orginal one too, if that is the case mayb its time to upgrade it then??!

I would decide based on which is cheaper: new alarm or get an auto-electrician to look at it for an hour?

I had a similar problem with my laserline alarm.

The fob armed and disarmed the alarm but never locked or unlocked the doors! and I couldn't hear the usual vacuum pump noise (whirring) which drives the door pins up and down when I pressed the fob buttons.

I thought it was the vacuum pump and so replaced it, which didnt solve it, but recently while changing the heater matrix I found a 10A fuse located above the fuse panel which I had never seen before. Mine was on top of the relays and very difficult to find which is why I never found it previous to this. Have a good root around for this and change it first likecarpy25 mentioned above to see if it fixes your prob.

Paddy

Ok, just checked the fuse thats above the fusebox, what a pig to get to.. anyways thats working fine not blown... the alarm in my car is over 2yrs old....

waiting for alarm fitter to get back to me... :roll:

all sorted, spoke to mate, advised me theres an inline fuse going into the fusebox for c/l which he'd run from alarm box, routed the cabling for the alarm & found the fuse had blown from alarm c/l inface from brain of alarm, replaced fuse & tidied up wiring, all sorted total closure all working fine

cheers for everyones replies on this :D

Hey Bally, glad to hear you got it fixed, its bloody annoying when the cl stops (although i havent had to climb in the boot yet!) Looking at what you've all posted am i right in saying that my electric windows and central locking dont work at the moment due to 20A fuse blowing above the relays? I just had a new alarm fitted so i suppose they could have blown it, cos i cant hear the pump going and i've spoken to the fitters and they said it's had full closure and remote central locking programmed in

Hey Bally, glad to hear you got it fixed, its bloody annoying when the cl stops (although i havent had to climb in the boot yet!) Looking at what you've all posted am i right in saying that my electric windows and central locking dont work at the moment due to 20A fuse blowing above the relays? I just had a new alarm fitted so i suppose they could have blown it, cos i cant hear the pump going and i've spoken to the fitters and they said it's had full closure and remote central locking programmed in

cheers all..

Hi mate.. yeap, theres a 20amp fuse above the relays, very fidley to get to & refit but yes looking at the bentley manual the fuse runs both the windows & c/l

My friend who fitted the alarm ran a inline fuse from alarm to fuse box so that fuse wouldnt blow 1st, the inline fuse blew causing the c/l not to work...

have a look, should sort yr problem...