Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Koni Or Bilstein?

I wouldn't normally create a new thread for a susp question but I should be ordering today and need some quick thoughts.

PSI are ringing me back with prices for both, I think theres a £70-£80 difference.

The 2 that they're offering are (don't know model specifics) Eibach springs and Koni Shocks or Eibach Springs & Bilstein Shocks.

Obviously the Billies are cheaper, the Koni's are adjustable.

I'm not going nuts on it, all my criteria is, is;

30-40mm Lower

As good as or better than standard VW set up.

Would the Billies cover this? What I don't want to happen is get the Bilsteins and then think "why didn't I spend another £80 on the Koni's!". Am I realistically likely to notice on a daily driver that doesn't go on a track?

Cheers!

http://www.proven-products.co.uk

Just recieved my Koni/H&R's, and very nice they look too (on my garage bench.... can't wait for the weekend). £515 delivered, which I thought was pretty good. And friendly service too.

Will also need early front top plates though, plus all the usual replacement rubber bits, in fact that lot was about £100 on its own!

Phil

Had a Koni kit (adjustable shocks + springs) on my last valver. Really liked them, and they weren' to expensive. Think they were around £385 delivered from Awesome GTI.

I've just done the business, getting fit on the 20th.

Koni Shocks/Springs, Powerflex Bushes all round, bump stops, top mounts, camber alignment and fitting.

£892 inc VAT.

Yep, front wishbones (front & back), ARB bushes, rear's (mine are pretty worn).

Andy did a bit of a better price as the suspensions coming off anyway. Also get to play in a MK3 16v GTI as a courtesy car for a week too! :)