Sign in to follow this  
RACK

SNS and 3.5bar FPR

they are a bosch part. you should be able to order them pretty easily. (used on 944 turbo)

I got mine within 2 days from local german garage.

I've got a stash of FPR's if you have problems sourcing one.

One thing, before we chip any G60 we check the CO pot resitance to check that it has not died and the casing of the knock sensors body and cable to see if it is damaged. If the above are found to be defective these need replacing aswell.

they are a bosch part. you should be able to order them pretty easily. (used on 944 turbo)

I got mine within 2 days from local german garage.

Thanks beavis. I've been running a jabba chip and pulley for about 18 months, so I'm guessing everything is ok, but I'll get my mate to check them out, sometime next week.

Could you pm me with a price for the Chip and FPR please?

Cheers mate

im on a SNS chip, 65mm, 30# injectors and a FPR. Its pretty strong. i got a new chip thru this morning so gonna try that at weekend.

I must stress that really you need to get it set up properly on a RR as the chip is obviously generic for the mods done. the chip is written on the rich side and quite rightly so as the more powerful of us may have leaning issues if they were not as every car is different esp when lots are over 100k. If you have wideband then you can configure yourself which is what i do but once im happy ill hit the rollers too for a final once over.

Customer service was always renouned for being good in the states where i first read about SNS and the same goes for bilal over here.

From what I can gather, the Jabba chip runs rich too, and due to working away alot, I still haven't had the car on the rollers yet. I'm trying to build up a decent stash of part for the planned engine rebuild I've got in mind, I've got a few parts already but I'm still deciding on a final spec. It's deff having a 1.9 bottom end, but I'm having a dilema choosing the head, it's either having a ported and cam'd PG or I'm going down the cross-flow route. I know that as soon as the new engine goes in, I'm either going to have to get a new chip or get the old one re-mapped. Would it be better to wait till the engine is built up before ordering the chip??

If you know exactly where you want to end up with your engine specs then you can order the chip now, but you wouldn't be able to use it until the engine is done, so maybe you should get the engine to where you want it and then order the chip.

The fuelling on our chips is very good for the usual green injector set up, note when i say good i mean not leaner than 13:1 under WOT. The red injector set up has more variables since boost levels become an issue, however its always better to start on the rich side and tune to get right rather than start lean and tune to go richer.

With regards to the FPR, you can get it with the chip from either myself or Pitstop.

:D

Thanks for the advice. I'll get my engine list complete and then order the chip. Hopefully if I can get the bit's I'm after it should be ready to go in just before christmas.

gazza...just wondered if you get a flat spot around 5k?

5k flatspots become apprent on cars with dodgy hall senders. We have set a few cars up with majour 5k flatspots. Adjusting the CO pot and timing failed to get rid of it, we then swapped the distributers over with new/proven ones and the problem was resolved.

The SNS chips do highlight any weak senders on the car, it is a weird position for us as we have to explain to customers that they need to replace senders for the car to drive 100%. About 1 in 5 of the cars we chip suffer from the flat spot initally until the dizi/knock sensor is replaced.

All G60 owners should be looking at, and the majority have replaced, knock sensor, CO potentiomter and possibly hall senders. All C's are knocking on being a decade old and age is taking its toll. As much as we like to think that VW are 100% reliable, these senders do become effectivly worn out and expired, most people dismiss them as they cannot be examined like a mechanical item for wear/play/cracks etc.

All senders are avaliable form VAG or Bosch agants, Knock sensors £35, CO pots £47 and hall senders £60.

beavis...thats a new one,never considered that..is there any other sytmtoms to prove its the hall sender? if it needs one it will get one,but ive wasted alot cash on it recently

wheres the best source for the hall sender

and while im asking Q's ..any symtoms for the c/o pot? and im assuming it would ping alot if the knock sensor was shot?

Steve and Steve, I have to comment here on the flatspot thing. My car had flatspots with the Jabba chip and also both the SNS chips I had. Following the custom mapping job, the flatspot has gone. No change of dissy, knock sensor or co pot.

Steve P, do you replace both the dissy and knock sensor at the same time or have you changed them individually and dyno'd in between?

Gavin

one other thing gav...could the custom chip have been made to suit a failing hall sender??....although id imagine the guy would have sussed it

Maybe but I think it unlikely. I do have a bit of hesitation every now and then. I thought it was a bad fuel pump so I got another from a young VR6 Golf. Same deal.

I have been thinking of looking at my dissy cap. It's not been moved in over 2 years!!! :lol:

I might swap it and the rotor, for the ones I got on a brand new 2 litre dissy on ebay, which cost me £10.52!! Bargin.

And the plugs have been in as long.

Gavin

one other thing gav...could the custom chip have been made to suit a failing hall sender??....although id imagine the guy would have sussed it

I wonder...........

Flatspots can occur for a number of reasons as highlighted. When you buy a chip from us you're buying a totally re-written code (not just a standard chip tweaked) to suit certain modifications. The chips are made to give maximum safe performance and so assume that engine components are up to the job. Any minor defect would be highlighted. On changing the hall sensor we did see the flatspot cease.

A remap is basically incremental tweaks of the code while the car goes through the rev range. If there is a flatspot occuring then the programmer would try to eliminate this by adjusting fuelling/timing and if the flat is due to a defective engine component then getting rid of the flat usually means reducing the stress on the system hence the defect would be less provoked.

Its a car specific thing. Remaps are the best way to get the highest peak hp from your car but no one can give you No Lag code :D

PS go watch Kill Bill, its amazing!!!