Sign in to follow this  
gogsboy

Solitude wheels

Do you only get these in one size?

The ones I have seen are 5 stud, would they only be suitable for a COrrado VR6 or could they also go onto a MK3 95, Golf GTI?

If so, anyone seen them on before, do they look good or more out of place.

How much would a second hand set be worth in fairly good condition

Fitted to the corrado storm and golf MKIII Highlines, (and colour concept?) as standard. they are 15"Diameter by 6.5"Width. if your GTi is 5 stud they will fit fine.

As for cost depends on condition and tyres ect anything from £100-£250 I would guess.

Yup you can get Solitudes on mkIII cabriolets and 6N Polo's in 4 x 100 PCD, they are 6J x 15" (may be 6.5J ?).

Also the ones fitted to Golf Colour Concepts, Highlines and latterly the South African built 98 MY Golf GTI's were 5 x 100 PCD, 6.5J x15".

Nice light wheel, a bit lighter than the BBS lattice type wheels found on post '96 MY VR6's and more importantly easier to clean too!

There's a guy in Bedford breaking a few mkIII GTI's on eBay, I bought the better set of Solitudes off him for £50, Pristine are currently refurbishing them at a cost of £250 because they have to repair some kerb rash.

You can probably get a decent set with minor corrosion for less than £150 with shabby tyres.

Have a look on Autotrader for late model mkIII GTI's and you'll see what they look like.

Also the ones fitted to Golf Colour Concepts, Highlines and latterly the South African built 98 MY Golf GTI's were 5 x 100 PCD, 6.5J x15".

Nice light wheel, a bit lighter than the BBS lattice type wheels found on post '96 MY VR6's and more importantly easier to clean too!

So the Corrado VR6 solitude and the Golf ones are different but interchangeable?