Sign in to follow this  
gogsboy

Autoglym products vs a more modern equivalent

Nath, the bonnet on my Corrado seems to have marks on it still evident after a polish there, had the machine on it too.

It's like something has been splashed on it, and left circular marks.

What do you reccomend here, with my own cars I have always been wary of rubbing to deep as such.

Do AG still do Ultra Fine Renovater and would you recommend it, I have some but never used it on any of my cars, I did try it on my father faded red wing, it helped a bit but nothing like the results that you seem to achieve on the likes of that Porshe pics I saw :lol:

that porsche took 2 solid days with the rotary polisher, various grades of polish and then many coats of glaze and wax. Miracles dont happen in 5 mins.

When you say you have tried a machine.. what exactly did you try?

best to take paint depth readings before carrying out any major polishing work so you know how much you can safely remove. most machine polishing i do removes about 5um and an absolute max of 10um in approx 60um of clear coat that is usually on a car.

that porsche took 2 solid days with the rotary polisher, various grades of polish and then many coats of glaze and wax. Miracles dont happen in 5 mins.

When you say you have tried a machine.. what exactly did you try?

best to take paint depth readings before carrying out any major polishing work so you know how much you can safely remove. most machine polishing i do removes about 5um and an absolute max of 10um in approx 60um of clear coat that is usually on a car.

I can imagine it took you a while as it was pretty far gone to say the least.

Just used the machine I have, to see if it would bring it up better than just with hand, but done by hand first to see results.

I dont have the kit for paint depths, pity I hadn't noticed your section prior to buying my Corrado as I was near Cambrige before heading way north...would have saved me a lot of time

Paint depth readings are vital!! :sleeping: ....they only call it the 'um' reading cos its just a guess LOL. haha