Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

Took a trip to Chipwizards....

Well, finally booked my corrado in to get mapped. A very long day, discovering 2 boost leaks and freezing our bits off in the workshop we arrived at 284bhp and 261.7 lbft :D this is with the main belt slipping due to wear and the camber need doing(which meant having to stop every 15mins to let the tyres cool down)

Anywho, Wayne reckoned with a new belt and the camber sorted that Zed (my corrado) would push out circa 300bhp. :D

I'll be sorting these bits out asap and getting Zed back up there as soon as I can! :D

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to Wayne for perservering throughout the day from 9am through to 9.30pm in the freezing cold and also checking we had got back ok with no problems.

Highly recommend Wayne at Chipwizards for all your mapping needs!

Few noises for you...........

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/ ... MG1808.flv

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/ ... MG1819.flv

what's that big red thing doing infront of your bonnet? does it chuck in air relative to how fast the engine is running?

what's that big red thing doing infront of your bonnet? does it chuck in air relative to how fast the engine is running?

yeah its a big fan to cool the engine / induction etc , simulates it running, it wouldn be too good running it and not being cooled and the maf wouldnt read right for the fueling

Good news Nikki :)

I'll be sorting these bits out asap and getting Zed back up there as soon as I can!

Heh.. I hate to even joke about it but I hope your car never suffers any kind of accident. Anyone who's seen Pulp Fiction will immediately be thinking "Zeds dead baby.. Zeds dead.."

That sounds fantastic :D i cant wait to get mine charged now!! They are good figures, has it had anything else done or just the charger?

Rob.

very nice power figures there nikki, especially the torque. have you any stalling/idiling problems with the re-map?? if ya dont mind me asking, how much was you charged for all the work??

karl

That sounds fantastic :D i cant wait to get mine charged now!! They are good figures, has it had anything else done or just the charger?

Rob.

Its just got a K&N and a de-cat pipe.

very nice power figures there nikki, especially the torque. have you any stalling/idiling problems with the re-map?? if ya dont mind me asking, how much was you charged for all the work??

karl

idling has been smoother since the re-map. It has a boost leak at the moment which I am trying to get a new pipe made up for so its not as smooth as it can be.

£410 for the re-map.

Getting the camber sorted tomorrow so hopefully it wont be too long til I take Zed back up there!

Really chuffed with the results! :D

Rob.

I think you should buy the Red Tops Ive got for sale for when yours is charged :D

Rob.

I think you should buy the Red Tops Ive got for sale for when yours is charged :D

Gott get the charger first :( its not going to be any time soon im afraid, im currently sorting out my old motorbike which im going to sell and that should fund the majority of the charger, but its a not a very good time of year to sell bikes so it just depends if i sell it or not!

Herisites what bike is it?

Its a J reg Kawasaki ZXR400. Its been off the road for over a year and just sat in the garage with the occassional start up. It needs a new fairing as well really as the one its got (although intact) is scuffed up due to me dropping it twice (never driver error though as i raced bikes :wink:). Other than that its a good bike so im just tidying it up and servicing it etc getting it to run nice and then flogging it. Its got 2 brand new tyres on it as well that have never been ridden on :lol:

got the camber done today at elite! very good service! Paul sorted it out for me and didnt once talk to me like i was a stupid girly!

just need to get another charger belt as one of mine is worn and get a replacement elbow made up for the one that is causing the boost leak then ill be back up to Wayne :D

Oh it sounds so good on the videos.. supercharged VR just has such a good soundtrack. Combination of that beautiful V6 snarl and a whistling / whining from forced induction. Don't get much better until you're onto SERIOUS performance car territory imho!

CazzaVR, you doing any of the shows? Would be nice for you to see your old "girl"

Not sure yet- definately a couple in the summer. Would love to see her- you'll have to take me for a spin and show me what the charger can do :twisted: