Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

What make was the original stereo?

Hi all.

Well I'm nearly ready to post pictures of my new G60. Purchased a week back but lots of work bing done on it. A quick wash this afternoon to remove all the oily handprints :lol:

It has a real old Sony Cassette deck in at present and its knackerd. So upon removing said head unit I find a very neat install. The original unit plugs are still present. So to make things easy I would like to nip to Halfrauds n buy a converter loom. So waht make was the original unit in a 1991 J plate G60?

Answers on a postcard please.

Could be the Sony, mu VR had a Sony tape deck

Ok I'll take that as a lead. The headunit is old is a total pull out. Its def aftermarket as the plug wires have been cut from the old unit and then been bullet joined to the leads from the present unit. I want to replace it with my Alpine Juba style headunit that I have from the early 90's. Been sat in the loft for 10 years. It will suit the car very well. Plus its well cool lookin.

Cheers

I remember I hired a 91 Golf Driver back then and it had a Panasonic pull-out stereo.

What Alpine Juba you got then?

They are gorgeous and very sought after, as you say it'd look great in your Rado dash.

I remember I hired a 91 Golf Driver back then and it had a Panasonic pull-out stereo.

What Alpine Juba you got then?

They are gorgeous and very sought after, as you say it'd look great in your Rado dash.

Hi.

To be honest my stereo is still in my x wives house (our house) So I'm hopeing that it still sits in the box's in the corner of the loft :roll:

Can't remember which it is. Its not a Jap consumer market issue its a true export model. Only worry is its a total pull out chassis. Bit of a fuss still its a lovely item. Long time since I've seen it to be honest. With having two kids n looking after them for the last 8 or so years I've not had a car worth fitting it in.. A string of Peugeot Diesels then two very fast Saab 900 turbo's. Stereo's built in to the dash. 1st was a monster with a scooby turbo fitted to it. Now all that is in the past I have the cars I want again :lol: The kids love the Corrado big time.

They not seen the new one. Shall post some shots tomorrow.