Sign in to follow this  
macca103

unscrupulous garages

Recently had my 16v in for its MOT at a new garage as i have recently moved house. Failed due to lots of play with the front top mounts. When the mechanic changed them turns out they were very worn. I had only had them changed (apparantley) in sept by my previous garage, who has charged me for new mounts. Had it in a few times last year for various faults and it always had to go back a few days later for some other fault. Does anybody know of an honest mechanic in Preston who appreciates the cost and care devoted to my beloved corrado.

Had to take it back again yesterday due to some heavy knocking from the front wheel area when wheels on full lock. Garage said he had corrected it apparantly the monts not sitting right. Dove it home earlier and it is still doing it on right side. Also pulling a lot to the left. N E ideas? :x

Did the garage align the wheels?

This is the very reason I will not use garges. I learn't when very young to work on cars now its a great past time. Garages! They can't be trusted n lookin at 1 garage that once did emergency work on my old 60 they bit of more than they could chew.

Take it to Awesome in Irlam. They are not really that expensive and they do great work. I have to be honest i do virtually all my own work but from time to time I go there n its great work.