Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Gearknobs

i just ordered one of the ones from ebay, the standard leather one that came in the VR.

it only just occured to me that i might of been able to get one from the main dealers?

it was £27 inc delivery from Germany

are they cheaper or more expensive to get from VW?

i just ordered one of the ones from ebay, the standard leather one that came in the VR.

it only just occured to me that i might of been able to get one from the main dealers?

Just got one of these and really like it, pretty quick delivery from germany too

Just got one of these and really like it, pretty quick delivery from germany too

thats nice to know, i couldn't find any nice aftermarket ones that i liked

whats the crack with GPC, their website seems out of date to me???

The GPC website it well known for being crap, in fact I don't think it's ever been updated, the price for front splitters has been incorrect for years.

They're slightly cheaper from a main dealer than the German fella. Around 25 quid inc VAT, I think, but there's not much in it. There are, apparently, several C leather gear knobs listed, which confused the dealer a bit. Then he apologised for it being so expensive, I was quite happy really. A few months of Corrado ownership and I've started regarding anything less than three figures as being a bit of a bargain. Is that sad or just a sympton of Corrado ownership. What, only 25 quid... a snip :roll:

i paid over £50 for a gearknob to put in my first car, a crappy old C-reg nova :lol:

so £27 seems a bargin to me

I paid £17 plus VAT from the dealers before Xmas and got £19 for the old one on Ebay! I was really surprised at how cheap they were but when I asked about the steering wheel that was over £400!!!!

i'm a fool :lol:

i didn't really think to try the dealers, am used to going to vauxhall with old cars and they were just useless so i gave up with dealers

got it now, think the old one had seen better days

pic1520.jpg

for the petrol cost it would of been to travel to dealers there's probably not much in it tbh, not that £27 is bank breaking, am happy