Sign in to follow this  
bensurf

drawn back to corrado ownership again but need advice please

I’ve had 3 4-pot Corrado’s in the past, and sold my last one about 6 months ago. Anyway, I’ve always wanted a vr6 and have a found a nice one for sale that isn’t too far from me, the only thing is that it is German import left hand drive.

I'm not bothered about it being a left hooker at all, I was just wondering if there are any drawbacks with a LHD, i was thinking more specifically about whether or not parts will be different, and hard to get hold of? for example if i wanted a set of coilovers or a ss exhaust, will the be different?

Also were there any differences in spec? The particular model is a 1992 vr6, I think in the USA the vr6 was a 2.8 (like in the golf mk3) and i was wondering if it was the same for the German ones?

Last question.... Price? its done 85,000 miles and its mint. can anyone give me a rough price that I should be looking to get it for?

Thanks Lots. Ben

if you are going to buy a lhd import, it would be far cheaper for you to buy it from germany or belgium etc yourself.

If you want some details of places to look for them, other than ebay.de, pm me.

Dont really see the point in buying a LHD, even if it is a decent one.

Theres plenty of nice ones for sale at the moment at very good prices, couple in the for sale section, also on Pistonheads

Is insurance not a bit more expensive for a LHD?

Just my view :)

Dont really see the point in buying a LHD, even if it is a decent one.

Id agree with that, id hang on for a RHD, surely its not going to cost that much more overall.

well the one i'm looking at is £2.5k, 85,000 miles with recaro interior and its totally mint, so i think to get the same spec as a RHD would be alot more!