Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Lowering G60, retaining ride quality?

I'm first bidder :)

Think i've asked this before, but does anybody know if Mk2 16v rear shocks will fit on the C?

I have a brand new set of Bilstein GAS, seems a shame to waste!

Yep,

my rear shocks are boge gas dampers for a mk 2 golf 16v(uprated over standard 16v items), bought from GSF, don't reccommend them though as they are far too stiff for the rear.

David.

I'm first bidder :)

Think i've asked this before, but does anybody know if Mk2 16v rear shocks will fit on the C?

I have a brand new set of Bilstein GAS, seems a shame to waste!

Cheers for that, which type of BOGE were they, standard, GAS, or TurboGAS?

I'm in two minds wheter to fit these Bilsteins or just fit standard Corrado rear shocks with the 40mm springs ??

ta

I ahve a set of Chassis Dynamics springs in my garage which I used for a couple of months, they lower a G60 about 40mm so no clearance problems and a re not much harder than stock. I used them with standard shocks with no problems, there is not increase in bounce or porpoising. I took them off because they were nowhere near low enough and replaced them with KW coilovers and a "sump-buster" ride height.

Yours for £30 +p and p if you want them.

I ahve a set of Chassis Dynamics springs in my garage which I used for a couple of months, they lower a G60 about 40mm so no clearance problems and a re not much harder than stock. I used them with standard shocks with no problems, there is not increase in bounce or porpoising. I took them off because they were nowhere near low enough and replaced them with KW coilovers and a "sump-buster" ride height.

Yours for £30 +p and p if you want them.

hey chap are you running 15's? any pics of the car slammed???

Just had 4 Bilstein Gas shocks fitted onto my vr6 with std shocks, its a hard ride now. Might need settling in. The car seems to have risen alot as well.

dont put lowering springs on stock shocks... will bugger the shocks quickly and the ride will go to shit. ask me how i know... thanks PO. :?

I've Got my Bilstein GAS shocks on order now, but German & Swedish are telling me their BOGE lowering springs won't fit my G60!

Apparently my C was built in March 92, and they only kit they list is for C's built before that date.

Does anyone know what the change in supsension was around that time(if any?)

Has anyone used these springs on a C G60 built on or after March 92?

Thanks,

After a bit of research I couldn't find a difference between springs pre/post 1992, so I bought a set of the BOGE springs anyway.

Not got them fitted yet but they are really stiff, hope the ride is ok when they go on!

Fitting them with Bilstein GAS shocks early next week :)

Picked the car up today with new front Boge springs, Bilstein Gas shocks, top mounts & bumpstops, the car is transformed!!

Ride quality is very good, better than the stock front end (well it was 'unknown' std. springs, 1 boge shock & 1 cheap oil shock :? )

The handling is great, lovely turn in and very composed, absolutley perfect for my style of driving.

Need to get the back end fitted now and see how that fares, but so far the Boge/Bilstein combo gets a big thumbs up! :D