Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Back box for 1.8 16v Raddo

Im in need of a back box for my Raddo. Thing is a standard one is £105 :( I have tried getting hold of an aftermarket one but they are fine if you have a later model, i.e 2.0 16v....the 1.8 16v no one does an aftermarket back box....or do they....any ideas or help on if and where i could get one from? Ive spoken to Venom and they said i would need a complete system costing a touch over £300, trouble is my cash flow is tight and cant afford that.

Ive spoken to Venom and they said i would need a complete system costing a touch over £300, trouble is my cash flow is tight and cant afford that.

Nonsense.. Venom are talking cheese! Give Stealth Racing a call on 01926 812259 and get a price for a Supersprint backbox. They definately do them for 1.8 16v's though I have to say that the backbox is one of the most expensive parts of the exhaust.. a standard one from VW is going to cost you lest tbh! :(

That was one quick reply Jim....thank you :) So a VW backbox is going to be cheaper.....oh! Would it be beneificial to get a Supersprint backbox, would it release a couple more horses or will it just make a loud noise?

You aren't gonna get any horses off a backbox.. I mean its dubious that you get anything more than a few BHP off a nice new full exhaust system. It won't make a booming noise but should give you a nicer noise than the standard backbox, thats for sure :) Supersprint are more on the refined side of the noise spectrum so would not be OTT.

Fairly sure a VW backbox will work out cheaper.. might wanna call your local VW dealers spares (aren't VW UK based in Milton Keynes?!) and beg for a discount! :)