Sign in to follow this  
CaptainSTORM

Audio up grade, advice required!!!

First of all, Hello to everybody! I a new to the forum, and new to corrados having recently bought a mystic blue storm! :D

Secondly, I am after some advice concerning up-grading the ICE in the car and have a few questions for all you people in the know!! I am not after a nightclub on wheels, just a good quality system. My main concern is to keep everything looking standard, in my eyes the car is perfect so I don’t want to modify it, or at least not be able to put it back to standard! I am a competent mechanic but never really attempted fitting stereo equipment, though I have got two friends that have fitted loads and they are happy to help me!

I have got some equipment already which I am hoping will be suitable. They are as follows:-

• Head unit- Alpine CDA-9857R with the ipod connection unit.

• Amp- Alpine V12 MRV-F357 50wx4 channel + 1 channel150w RMS 14.4v.

• Sub- 10 inch JL audio.

• Rear speakers- 4x6 JBL gto6426e 40w rms.

I have bought the JBL rear speakers under the impression that they will drop straight in without modification, am I correct to assume this?

Now I need some sound for the front of the car! I have read a few posts on the forum and it looks like the only way to go is the audioscape front pods! How much are they? I noticed that there was a group buy being organised, does anyone know if this is still happening? Assuming I get some pods, will they fit without modification to the door cards? Do they look standard? Also can someone recommend a good component/tweeter set?

With the component set fitted what happens to the dash speakers? Should I remove these to fit the tweeters? Or keep them running from the head unit?

Thanks in advance for any of my questions answered or any other advice you may wish to forward!

Olly.