Sign in to follow this  
spoier

Lots of progress today!!

Finally got a whole day to work on the Corrado again (its been on jack stands for about 2 weeks now). Got a ton of stuff done.

Replaced the fuel filter and the old hose on both ends of the filter, and put on proper EFI hose clamps to replace the mix of OEM and rad clamps the PO used.

Also replaced the bailing wire holding up the stock muffler "suitcase" which has been like that since it fell off on vacation a couple months ago. Its suprising how much louder the car is without the rubber hangers damping the exhaust. These are the uprated chain-filled hangers so hopefully they will last.

Also started building the engine bay back up... nice to start putting things back together again!!! Just waiting on a few things to arrive now, my Mocal oil cooler, sandwich plate with t-stat and reusable AN-10 hose fittings (making my own hoses), a huge assortment of Grade 8 hex cap sockets to replace the pieces of s**t VW used (several of them stripped off the hex socket, of course, grr) and... hmmm I guess that's all! Pretty sure I'll have it back on the road next weekend.

Pics of new water pump and timing belt/tensioner:

new_timing_belt.jpg

Pics of my rebuilt Stage III charger ready to drop in. One of the displacer scrolls needed a little welding but it was otherwise in OK shape (apex strips had fallen off, bearings were leaking, etc - but it was rebuildable thank goodness)

done_vw_plat_grey.jpg

Skye