Sign in to follow this  
stuart_i

V1 Charger bov help

Hi all!

First off im a long time reader never a poster on this forum 8) .

I own a 95 golf vr6 and figured I would come here to ask this q as you guys seem very helpfull and knowledgeable.

Ok to the point, I am looking at buyin a used charger for my car, it is a vortech v1 with all fittings etc. The owner has had a hks bov welded onto the upper intake pipe (the pipe between the charger and the throtle body). To my knowledge I thought that cars with a maf didnt run very well wen venting air to the atmosphere... The current owner says it runs fine etc but im not sure if I belive him! :lol:

What do you guys think?

Also if I was to buy it and get vince from stealth to map it for me would it not be possible to ditch the maf and run it fine with the hks unit on there?

Thanks for the help.

howdy, i have a V1 mate, i have a bailey recirculating valve, i have never seen a charger with a BOV to be honest (could be wrong though)

as for the maf mate, vince can re-map the vr's with the maf or without it, generally he does them without the maf. but give vince a ring and he will tell ya more then you will need.

or ya could go through the 140 page thread on the forced induction vr6 thread. you may not get to sleep before 4 though :lol:

karl

Thanks, I will give Vince a ring in the morning.

I have also only ever seen the re circ baileys fitted.

I did read a few pages of that thread but jesus that thing is loooonnnngggg :lol: I would need a week off work to read it all!

It depends on where the MAF location is. The early SC kits were post charger MAFs...that did not run anykind of pressure relief valve. So some people put a BOV TO protect the SC's from compressor surge...a BOV would be put in place to bleed off the excess pressure.

The more modern setups (VF and C2) use the pre charger MAF setup and run diverter valves.