Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Very simple question about the slam panel on a VR

Ok so I took the front of my car weeks ago to change a load of parts.

I am finally getting it back together now and I just wondered if anyone could confirm something for me.

Do three screws go back in the slam panel under the headlight? 2 screws go in fine on the outer but the middle one looks like it needs a nut to go behind it.

Which brings me to my next question. I have 2 nuts (no jokes) do these go here or do they go somewhere else.

Does anyone know exactly how many screws attach the slam panel to the car.

If people think this question is too stupid a pic from ETKA showing how the slam panel attaches will be fine thanks

Do I get an award for the stupidist question :oops:

Cheers

Mate, have you put the two in behind the headlight, inside the bonnet. Goes from the slam panel to the chassis leg just before the battery and air box on both sides. Mine had 2 under each light. 1 to each wing. 2 to each wing top. 2 to the front valance and 1 each side inside. hope it helps.

BC

Mate, have you put the two in behind the headlight, inside the bonnet. Goes from the slam panel to the chassis leg just before the battery and air box on both sides. Mine had 2 under each light. 1 to each wing. 2 to each wing top. 2 to the front valance and 1 each side inside. hope it helps.

BC

Do you mean the screws that screw the headlight in? I havent got round to them yet.

By the screws that go through the slam panel into the chassis legs do you mean the ones directly under the headlight?

Thanks for your help.

No mate, These screws go onto the inner most side of the chassis leg and go vertically downward. The hole is at the same hight as the battery tray. look between the end of the radiator and the back of the light. Should be there abouts. They bolt the slam panel on and no other devices.

BC