Sign in to follow this  
symtheus

Heater Matrix leaking??

Hey,

I know someone else has just posted up a heater matrix prob but this a bit different! Not got any dampness in the foot wells or anything but steam is visible coming out of the vents everytime the blowers are turned on and the whole car steams up and wont clear! I havn't had time to check anything out other than the interior cos it's dark now!

Any ideas??

Was afraid of that!!!! Damn It... Just as I'm about to sell up as well. Cheers though Mate! Is this pretty much adefinate then? Oh is it worth buying a VAG matrix or something cheaper?

A definite !

The heater matrix is about £120 from the dealers or £35 from GSF

GSF ones seem to get mixed views of quality though

Well the GSF one it is then..... I'm not paying 120 quid for somat that I could buy 3 times over from GSF even if the quality isnt quite as good!!

The Matrix replacement on here seems a little vague. is this really all I need to do to repalce it?

Cheers for the advice so far though. :)

t.

Its not a difficult job but it does take a while

good write up here

http://www.corrado-club.ca

Damn that is a write up!!! :lol: Well I'm hoping I don't have to take the whole dash out cos.. well i really don't want to! So hopefully with the detail from that one and the instructions from the one of here I hope I will be onto a winner!!

Its not a difficult job but it does take a while

good write up here

http://www.corrado-club.ca

Damn that is a write up!!! :lol: Well I'm hoping I don't have to take the whole dash out cos.. well i really don't want to! So hopefully with the detail from that one and the instructions from the one of here I hope I will be onto a winner!!

No you don't need to take the whole dash out. I've done it with it still in place. Do a search there are some awesome photo's of folks with the insides of their cars in bits.

My link on how I did it.

I needed a new heaterbox the matrix sits inside it ie the Housing as said earlier.

Good luck