Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Cant figure it out??

Hi,

This isnt really corrado specific but i cant figure out why its doing it and just wondered if anyone else would know.

I have a sony CDX M800 headunit and have connected up my ipod to it using one of these:

VEBA-AVMJP30-RCA-MINI-JACK-LEAD.jpg

And it works BUT although there is sound coming from both front and rear speakers, there is no bass and the quality isnt great, however if i disconnect one of the RCA's and leave just right or left in the sound only works down one side of the car BUT the quality is brilliant and has loads of bass. So why doesnt it work with both plugged in? Is there a way i can get it working properly without having to fork out for a headunit specific ipod adapter etc?

Cheers,

Rob.

Looks like you've got a video and mono output there. Yellow is always the colour of video, plus on the headphone socket you have three dividing bars, instead of the usual stereo 2. Think this may be the reason, plugging a vid lead onto a stereo connection could cause trouble... below is a pic of my stereo connector going into my hifi (note only two bars), or alternatively if you have an aux socket on the back of your car stereo try one of these: Clicky

Cheers mate, that picture i posted must be a bad one because the one i actually have is the same as yours above, i nicked that pic to demonstrate :lol: So thats why i dont get why its not working properly. That aux plug you linked above could work though. Is that the same port a changer would plug into? it looks like it is so if thats the case i could give one of them a try. Would halfords do these?

That aux plug you linked above could work though. Is that the same port a changer would plug into? it looks like it is so if thats the case i could give one of them a try. Would halfords do these?

Yeah its the same plug as the changer, its what I got and it works a dream (just remember to switch on the aux on your stereo - took me ages to work out why no sound was coming out!). not sure about Halfrauds, maybe have a look on their website, though its usually pretty poo with regards to what they stock. I got mine from ebay, as long as the connecting plugs match up don't think it matters if its not sony or whatever.

This sounds like one side of the lead is phase reversed, i.e. the signal and ground are swapped over, so they partly cancel out (it's most noticable with low frequencies hence no bass).