Sign in to follow this  
corozin

NEWS : VW to acquire Lotus?

Seeing as though the head of Porsche and Volkswagen board member Wendelin Wiedeking has stated "no more toys", I can't see Lotus being kept, I reckon a management buy-out would be on the cards. At the very least Lotus Boss Mike Kimberley (who did briefly head Lamborghini) will be out on his ear very quickly.

I don't know. Lotus is not only a "has seen better times" sports car maker with a gold-lined brand, but you also get Lotus Engineering as well, which is the real prize as they have just about the best chassis/dynamics engineers anywhere in the world.

As for Proton? Well it would give VAG a cheap way to expand production into Asia. I know no bugger buys them in Europe, but China, Korea and places like the Phillipines are full of them?

Sounds like a smart move in VAG's expansion plans to me

You're spot on with the Asian production openings. VW is the largest volume player in China but is undersevere pressure, Proton I'm sure will give them other opportunities to exploit, I just wonder how many more brands they can take on