Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

225 TT engine into Corrado

How easy is this conversion? Not looking at doing it right now as have money :( but give it a few months and i should have the cash. Its the thought of a Corrado with a turbo on it....great! The 225 TT's are quick. in a Corrado must be lightning! Anyone done this conversion? Dont really want the 150 or 180.

Is it not effectively the same 1.8T engine with a bigger turbo?? If so, it's something thats been done by many peeps on here. Have a search & you shall find!

If you want big power get the 150, it has bigger valves than the 225, therfore when you put the KO4 turbo from a TT engine on you can get nearer 300bhp

The 150 engines are cheaper than the TT's

In terms of actual conversion, (G60) it will sit directly on the engine mounts, you can then bolt your gearbox straight on. You will need to fabricat a custom down pipe from the turbo to your exhaust.

And then you need to wire it in. Easiest way is to send the loom off from the 20vT and get http://www.qpeng.com to customise the wiring loom and its just plug and play.

Hope this helps

Beavisjem

Didnt do the conversion myself, but have a BAM engine in mine and its hit 300bhp quite easily. guess the advantage of the audi engine is that it comes with the k04 and and the correct injectors etc and I know people say they are the same engine but have heard mixed info on this and according to quite a few the 225 engines are somewhat stronger. also the smaller ports give better low down torque so unless your trying to hit 350 - 400 bhp there isnt much wrong with them.

I agree with you sam the bam is a great engine. I think they are built slightly stronger.

They say anything over 320bhp on the 150bhp or 180bhp engine you need to be looking at upgrading the internals wheras the 225 BAM is happy with up to 400.

I think the differences are

20vT - 150 Big valves small turbo - KO3 turbo

20vT - 180 Small vavles medium turbo - KO3s turbo

20vt - BAM 225 Small vavles Big Turbo - KO4 Turbo

If you buy the 150 and change the turbo you will need new injectors and a remap

Same if you buy a 180 engine and chage the turbo.

The 225 BAM engine is the best out of the box.

surely if the internals of the bottom end are the same on all of them, a 225 bam is no stronger than say a 150 bhp agu?

surely if the internals of the bottom end are the same on all of them, a 225 bam is no stronger than say a 150 bhp agu?

Pretty sure the BAM bottom end has different pistons, rods and crank from the other 1.8T's.

i really like the idea of a BAM corrado, how much would it cost all to convert a 16v? ball park figure?

some differences are 20mm wrist pins rather than 19mm and apparently a stronger bottom end as vw show more webbing on the 225 block, however I have never taken a 1.8t block apart so cant comment.

also lower compression to cope with more boost

225BHP S3 /TT BAM 20VT engine £750-£1000 (all parts included)

QPEng Plug and Play Kit including pre-programmed MBE 992 ECU , 3 bar MAP sensor and your harness modified by QPEng and downpipe £1050+VAT (£1200ish)

ancillary components £350

so say £2500 for parts and another £1000 for labour to install / get running (or FREE if you do-it-yourself), so safe to say £3500 max or £2500 if DIY, best bang for buck, just not very original now as everyone seems to be going 20VT !