Sign in to follow this  
JY

Borbet Alloy wheels

hi all, am thinking about get sum new rims ( A Borbets ) for my corrado, and just wondered what people thought about them, you recon its best to go for 7's on front and 9's on the back? was abit unsur if 9's will fit on the back properly and other problem is ive been told you can only get the A style in a 16, any advice would be much appreciated thanks. Jon

First of all welcome to the forum!

These wheels are a very common wheel choice on this forum mate so you can do a search on them and you are bound to find a fair bit of information.

I have only ever seen these in 16's but imo 16's are the best size for the corrado. A few guys go for the 7" fronts and 9" rears but there are a few with 9's all round like me.

If you have a VR6 then you will have issues fouling the arches unless you get the correct offset, i have et30 on the fronts and they dont catch but i have et15 on the rears and they catch a LOT even with the arch lip ground down. The VR6 has a wider track then the other models so they dont stick out as far and so dont catch as much.

thanks

yea iv only got a 16v, so you recon 9s would go on the back if i got the correct offset

getting some v6 front wings to put on my 16 valver

would i still have have clearence problems ?

Interested in gettin these type also (borbet), I would also be lookin 16's so if i stick to 7s all round with the correct offset does this mean i would have to change any body work???

Thanx

You will all be fine with 9's all round as you only have 16v, its the VR6 with the wider track so has clearance issues. You could all quite easily have 9x16 with et15 offset and still not catch i reckon, and if they do you would only need to roll the arches.

You want to PM g60greeny as he has 9x16 et15 borbet A's all round on his G60 and i dont think he has any issues with rubbing.

a little :offtopic: but am looking into getting some Borbet C an was wondering if I'll need different wheel nuts from my stock Esto's?