Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Front doorcard retrim,

Hi guys i need a bit of price guidance here, i dropped my two front doorcards off at my local trimmers to be trimmed in black nappa leather to match my TT seats and i nearly fell over when he gave me the price !!!

I only wanted the part which is now fabric trimming however he said this is impossible and he would have to trim the whole door card in leather and the cost would be £400+vat !! I felt violated, i left the shop with the doorcards in my hand before he had chance to pull my pants down ! Am i right in thinking this is far too much ? Ive give the guy a lot of work, he has done a couple of complete retrims for me and only last week rebuilt all the seats in the press corrado im restoring, i think he is trying to hump me on the price, what do you think ??

Has anyone had just the fabric section on a corrado or golf card retrimmed??

Any help welcomed

Jimmi..............

Im not a huge expert on this Jimmi but ive been led to believe that a grand up to 1500 gets the whole interior retrimmed.

Therefore for just the doors 400 seems steep. Who is the guy doing the job??

My mate had his 106 done for £450, front + rear seats and all doorcards, all in cream leather, and very good quality. Schaffino leather i think it was (or something like that).

So in a word, yes!

Goldie wrote

Im not a huge expert on this Jimmi but ive been led to believe that a grand up to 1500 gets the whole interior retrimmed.

Therefore for just the doors 400 seems steep. Who is the guy doing the job??

Im not an expert either but i have had a few cars and van's retrimmed and the most i payed was £1200-00 which was for a full retrim inc all doorcards this was on a 99 SWB Shogun, it was about 5 years ago but surely it hasnt gone up that much ! The guy i took it to was in sunderland, he is $hit hot and the best round here by far but im not sure he is £400 good !

PS fans workin yet ?

jimmi..........

PS fans workin yet ?

Got the sender sat here, will be going on tomorrow. Cost £20.

Still running a bit hot, ill give you a shout tomorrow if youre not busy and let you know what its doing.

Had mine done for £150 - already removed from car. That was about 4 years ago but still dont think they'd cost £400 now. Does seem a bit steep.

Right then, im covinced im being done over by this guy for £400, has anyone had or seen the fabric part of a rado or golf doorcard retrimmed ??

anyone got the number for snappy gaitors or MJ's ????

Jimmi,,,,,,,,

i had some cards that had the fabric section done in alcantara - i'm trying to find some pics.......

If they can be done in Alcantara surely they can be done in leather ! Who did those for you ?????

I still need to reply to your PM H8RRA !!!

Jimmi............

fraid i bought a car down leeds way with them already done - heres some pics

i think you can see that the cloth area is alcantara and edged in leather with the remainder std vinyl -

Picture023.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

de3c481a.jpg

Hi guys i need a bit of price guidance here, i dropped my two front doorcards off at my local trimmers to be trimmed in black nappa leather to match my TT seats and i nearly fell over when he gave me the price !!!

I only wanted the part which is now fabric trimming however he said this is impossible and he would have to trim the whole door card in leather and the cost would be £400+vat !! I felt violated, i left the shop with the doorcards in my hand before he had chance to pull my pants down ! Am i right in thinking this is far too much ? Ive give the guy a lot of work, he has done a couple of complete retrims for me and only last week rebuilt all the seats in the press corrado im restoring, i think he is trying to hump me on the price, what do you think ??

Has anyone had just the fabric section on a corrado or golf card retrimmed??

Any help welcomed

Jimmi..............

if you look at the doorcards shown by h8rra ,to me they look like the vynil material has been lifted back and the alcantara edged into that part.

also you state above that you left the premises with your doorcards in your hands before angus could pull your pant's down.............

funny then that your doorcards were still at the shop today :roll:

we've had many trim's done by kish and as you've stated his work is to a high std, so my advice to you is stop moaning on a public forum collect your cards take them elsewhere and see if you get a job anywhere near the one you'd get from kish.

you could of brought this up at the shop there and then, instead you've gone the wrong way about it and rubbed a valuable source of trimming in the area up the wrong way.

you get what you pay for. end of. :wink:

MJ can trim just the cloth sections (01274 533370).

Bare in mind that if you want a specific leather a whole hide will have to be bought (£130-£150ish) then labour so £400 may not be too bad. If your happy with a near match with material the trimmer has in stock it could knock 30% off the job.

Just have to say i love that interior with the leather and alcantara! Looks sweet!!!

.......... i agree - its always the same - you look back at stuff you sold and think WHY?????