Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

In car camcorder test

I have been toying with the idea of getting a bullet camera attachment or windscreen holder for my camcorder, but before I shell out over 60 notes or so I thought I'd try gaffa taping the camcorder to my dash to see what happened.

My verdict:

1. It could work, but I certainly need more gaffa tape as it slid about quite a lot, which resulted in the great hedge shots.

2. I should not gaffa it right up against the windscreen, as you can hear the rattling in the first few clips.

3. I need to do more tests in proper sunlight (rather than an hour before the sun went down)

So I did a very quick edit, hence the jumps in music and roads. (Sorry about the tunes, was having a bit of a Iron Maiden minifest!) Have bunged it on YouTube, but the quality has deteriorated from the original.

Have a look anyway and let me know what you think.

3,2,1,Go!

I use a suction mount with a tripod head on it....really works well. Most bullet cameras a naff and have a low resolution.

G60Jet, what's the bounce/rattle factor like?

Anyone know of somewhere else I can upload this to where the resolution stays more like the original?

have a look in maplin they have some cheap suction mount camera brackets which should cope with a compact camera no problem, i wouldnt trust them on the outside of the car but they would be fine on the dash.