Sign in to follow this  
jinks

Essential mods for a late VR6

Having been lucky enough to get hold of a lovely standard midnight blue M plate VR6 with only 59,000 miles i'm in the process of improving it just the little bit it needs. The most well documented mods are the first one's I've done so I've done the Lupo wiper conversion (brilliant and of course super easy), tinted red lights with reverse lights kept white, some uprated bulbs, Osram I think, which i'm yet to install but am buying a loom off ebay (looks really good, anyone got one from 1990carrodog60 or something like that?) so I'll do that when I get the loom. Momo runner steering wheel, smoked side indicators so they look almost like they're not there and a little audio. Might just colour code the grille and door handles too. I'm thinking of having a service at Nik Saran in North London just to get it in correct order but of course would like a bit more power and some better bottom end response from the engine. What would be the really early stage things to do to the engine? Would a Carbonio box help a completely standard motor?

Thanks for responses in advance...

hi buddy welcome to the expensive world of corrado ownership, lots of love and just as much hate :lol: !! thought of putting a stainless exhaust on it? The VR sounds sweet......

One of the first things you must, must do is drop it! Late Vr's in particular have a stoooopid ride height :lol:

Yep those two are definitely on the list for when wedding bills are all paid! Had a magnex system on my Mk1 Golf and it was great. Quite loud though.

Polished the exhaust pipe too (makes you look a bit weird) on the Corrado and it looks really good so i'll wait til that falls off. Suspension wise I was going to go for Koni shocks/H&R springs - anyone know who sells this combination? I need to reduce the rear height badly - more like a monster truck than a sports car... I also want some BBS RX2's(?) - the split rims from mk3 anniversary golfs and mk4 gti's - anyone?

hi jinks get some pics up mate :wink: konis with the pi springs are supposed to be better than with the h&r's especially on a vr6. i have had a carboinio CAI and a BMC, the BMC is miles better than a carbonio, you can feel the pick up much better.

exhaust wise, i can 100% recommend the Jetex system, nice & quite until ya really floor it, and as for wheels your very lucky at the moment as 2 sets of alloys are for sale on here at the moment.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52501

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52673

enjoy spending money on the corrado mate.

karl

Yep those two are definitely on the list for when wedding bills are all paid! Had a magnex system on my Mk1 Golf and it was great. Quite loud though.

Polished the exhaust pipe too (makes you look a bit weird) on the Corrado and it looks really good so i'll wait til that falls off. Suspension wise I was going to go for Koni shocks/H&R springs - anyone know who sells this combination? I need to reduce the rear height badly - more like a monster truck than a sports car... I also want some BBS RX2's(?) - the split rims from mk3 anniversary golfs and mk4 gti's - anyone?

Remove the rear wiper arm and motor and stick a grommet in the hole.

Free to do and cleans up the rear screen a treat 8)

( well it doesn`t ,because you don`t have a wiper to clean the screen,if you know what I mean :lol:,but it does look cool 8) )

Smooth the exhaust hole and fit a diesel pipe !!! or as a first free mod (and a must) would be to remove the side bump strips.

Coilovers are defo high on the modding list as I remeber thinking mine looked like a moon buggy at that height.

Where did you get the red lights from as I painted mine and they are not to my liking.

Had a magnex system on my Mk1 Golf and it was great. Quite loud though.

I had a Magnex on my Mk3 golf 1.8 and it sounded just right. I have just bought a full Magnex exhuast from Venom and am having it fitted next Thursday. Will let you know what I think and can maybe send you a sound clip if you want.

Thanks guys, I've been noticing the new Saab's have a neat little roof aerial which looks like it might be a sort of combi thing with maybe another kind of aerial incorporated, maybe sat nav or something? I'm pretty sure it would be a good mod if it could work as I don't like the standard aerial.

I got my red lights off ebay off a guy who'd done a pretty nice job of painting them. 50 quid sio not exactly cheap but one of mine was cracked anyway. Didn't use the green bulbs as they showed through some tiny gaps which for some reason you can't see with white bulbs. They flash a bit red but look ok.

It looks like the wheels I want aren't the RX2's, something like that though but the ones off the Mk3 anniversary golf. 16 inch splits. Rough ones come up on ebay but would like some good ones although the rims corrode like mad on them.

Got my loom from the ebay guy today, looks really good and with full instructions so there's a slim chance I might be able to do it.

Posting pictures soon!