Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Probs with angel eyes ?

Hey all,

Just a quick one really, I have got angel-eye headlights fitted to my rado but am having a few issues with them. Might be being thick here but it seems that when I have side-lights switched on only, the actual side-light bulbs I have fitted to the lights don't light up, there is only the glow from the angel-eye ring around the bulb, I thought the angel-eye rings were meant to illuminate together with the side-light bulbs when they were switched on ?

Also when I have the dipped-beam headlights switched on the same thing happens, I do however get the main dipped headlight bulb lighting up (the one fitted with the projector beam), along withe the angel-eye ring around it, which also lights up, but the side-light bulbs remains unlit and the angel-eye ring around it doesn't light up ?

Anyone else encountered similar issues or able to suggest what the problem might be, is it a wiring problem ?

Cheers

i think thats correct but i have another problem in that the part that came with my headlights for adjusting the level of the lights doesn't seem to be corerct and i can't adjust the lights low enough - ie they illuminate the sky - well almost - i would appreciate it if someone had a pic of the height adjustment fitment that should come with the angeleyes

There is no "side-light" bulb for the InPro angel eyes. The rings are it.

H8RRA - have you fitted adjusters from your old lights? Without them, you may have a prob.. ;) They only come with one set of adjusters - you need to fit the other from your old lights, or buy replacements, or fit electric replacements. The ones that come with the lights do left-to-right. The ones you fit adjust up-and-down.

And outer bulbs light on dipped beam, then they go out and inner bulbs light on high-beam. Just the way they're wired up to work... I'm pretty sure it's to do with heat - with both on it would get quite toasty in there.

i've fitted my adjusters from std lights but the part that fits in the light itself if the part that causes the problem - i'll have to take some pics