Sign in to follow this  
gogs87

Boot wont open?

was at a mates getting a few things done on the car then went to put toolbox and jack in the boot and it wouldnt open? :scratch: . i have done the obvious like opening and closing the central locking, trying the key in the boot but its totally solid. Do i maybe need a new lock or is there a way to open the boot from the inside? cheers

If you can remove the panel on the inside of the boot (where the spoiler motor and rear window wiper motos is) then you will also see the rear of the lock. There is a bar attached to the lock that runs across to the latch which you should be able to pull and get your boot open!

i know you said you have tried the key in the boot but have to tried the key in different possitions? if i remember with the key slot in the vertical position it will unlock with the central locking but in the horizontal possition it wont unlock with the central locking and you need to use the key and turn it and push it in at the same time.

Slimg60 - cool il give that a go once the rain clears off just so i have a bit more room to move around.

coolrado- yeh i just had another go at the lock but the slots in the horizontal position, iv pushed it in but it just seems solid and scared il snap the key if i force it anymore. its very strange because it worked fine up untill that day when i wasnt working anywhere near the boot it just decided not to open.