Sign in to follow this  
munkay

Silence is golden

Or to be more precise 120 quid.

FINALLY, got my a*** up to turriff to get my powerflow exhaust sorted out.

Had the option of fitting a 50 quid cylindrical section just before rear axle or fitting a big oval box with pleny of silencing.

Went for the latter and also decided to change the huge 4-5" round pipe. They have heaps of options but after getting it down to a rectangular upswept one or an oval with more silencing I went for the oval.

Nice and shiny and way less obtrusive.

Started it up and was pretty amazed by the difference, gone has the ridiculous 'woooooooooaaammmp' I used to get. I can actually hear the charger now and never realised just how loud they are, most noise seems to be from induction roar. Still gives off a decent sound tho on WOT.

So 120 quid all in wasn't to bad, people at turriff are really decent too, signed my yearly inspection record and let me transfer over warranty as it belonged to previous owner which they dont normally do.

so u can reduce the noise from a powerflow system........i have it and its loud, maybe an option for the future........ so 120 for a new silencer fitted? am i right.....

cheers

well:

I was told initally on phone that I could possibly add another section to reduce noise considerably.

Drove to nearest dealer (wher exhaust was initally fitted) and they jacked it up)

Had a choice of a 50 quid tubular silencer section running horizontally infront of rear axle ..or pay 90 for an oval section with better silencing. I choose the latter and also change the backbox from a 5" round tail!, to a more original looking oval with silencing.

Result is much much quieter sound, ie. no wooooooooaaaaaamp sound, just induction and low rumble note which is way better imo.

Cost 127 in all for all things fitted and they let me transfer the warranty which is not the norm. This was at Turriff tyres in Turriff surprisingly. Which I can recommend whole heartedly on terms of friendlisness and competancy.

Money well spent.

And sorry for spelling, look at the fecking time

cheers for that mate.......

i think i need to get off my a*** too, i have a pretty meaty system, but now that i have a drilled airbox......its louder than a TVR (well nearly) ........might pop down next time i get some time off work.......

cheers