Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

Lion Garage - Leicester. Have you used them?

Just wondered if anyone has used this place / uses them frequently, and what your opnion of them is?

I always find them a bit expensive, and they somehow always manage to create more work than you thought was neccesary.

Anyone got any views / experience of them?

Not used the Leicester one, but have used a Garage of the Same name in Hinckley Leicestershire. Jason is VERY good VAG specilists

+++ Highly Recommended +++ Lion Garage Hinckley. I used to live in Hinckley and always took my cars to Jason, and still do even though it's now a huge trek from Worcester.

I use the one in Loughborough.

Very good, but they stay on the straight and narrow when it comes to mod's etc.

I asked them to fit a pair of reprofiled cams in my old V6 Coupe but they wouldn't enterain it.

Good workmanship and prices for the routine stuff though, especially if you

want your sevice book stamped!

G60Jet, & CrazyDave, just wanted to say a huge thank you for the recommendation.

Went there on Monday, and Jason put his finger on the problem more or less within seconds. Went back this morning, and the lads seemed to have sorted the issue out while i waited, and only charged half an hours labour. I know for a fact some of the other garages would not have been as honest and straight forward as they were here today.

All of this means my VR is back on the road again, I'm smiling from ear to ear :D :D :D , and the problem i had in this threadseems to be sorted for the time being.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Didn't have much fun with my clutch replacement at the Loughborough garage. It has juddered since it was fitted. I thought it might 'bed in' after a few hundred miles, but its taken me 2 years to do 800 miles, so don't think I can take it back and complain now!

Phil