Sign in to follow this  
waynos

exhaust change

my back box is blowing badly and the silencer pipe in down the centre of the car has a hole in the welded part

i need to get something asap as the blowing noise is doing my nut!

ideally id like to have this silencer removed and the square one towards the back of the car and just have it straight through to the back box.

other than it being noisier would it have any effect on the cars performance? does anyone know where i can get a decent back box (oval scorpion style) or have the custom straight through pipework made? and what price would i be looking at?

the car is a 1.8 16 v

cheers guys

Go to somewhere like Longlife custom exhausts and they can sort ya out with anything!!

As far as running difference.....

A naturally aspirated car needs a certain level of back pressure in the exhaust system to maintain healthy power output......

By putting in smaller silencers or taking them out all together you are creating a free flowing system.....Brilliant if you have a turbocharged car but the lack of back pressure may damage the performance of your NA Corrado :shock: :(

I have had 2 custom systems made for my previous NA MR2's and the silencers were tiny!!! I ended up losing 8BHP!!!!!!! Just from a lack of back pressure!

HTH

Alex

I had a full s/steel exhaust fitted a few months back at Longlife Exhausts in Cardiff for £289 all in. The tailpipe design choice for the price was either a stupidly big oval that only a 17yr old chav would have found appealing, or a nice oem look oval the same diameter as standard, albeit silver rather than black. I opted to pay an extra £30 for a slightly larger oval which is angled rather than cut straight at the end and is the tailpipe Longlife fit to S type Jaguars. It looked so much classier than the small oem look and filled the bumper aperture much nicer.

Worth noting though that the sales guy said he would give a 10% discount for being a member of the Corrado forum :)

Performance wise i didn't notice any improvement, however i had only just taken my car out of 5 months storage so the car was improving performance wise on a weekly basis as the miles racked up.

Then 1.8 valvers are never gonna win many traffic light grand prix's!!