Sign in to follow this  
Nuggit

Roll up, Roll up, get your interiors here!

Hey Guys,

We're starting up a business doing re-trims. Another chap's doing the stitching. He's learning as he goes, I'm funding it. He's already not shy of a machine, but has never done car trimming.

I will make sure that everything that goes out is quality.

BUT!

For the first few, I'm going to get some random trims. I have a cheap Alcantara supplier, so while the seats we'll be trying will be varied, I can bias it towards Corrados. If anyone's interested, stick your names down, and it'll give me an idea of whether I can do it or not. Limited colours, but the usual combinations, black/grey/red/yellow/blue etc, for now, we're off the shelf.

Just out of interest - I need some Alcantara! Don't suppose you could tell me how much you could supply the material to me per metre?

Good luck with the new business..

Is it cost effective to retrim stearing wheels or would i better off finding another??

Goldie : Thanks! I'll be quite honest mate, I'm not sure how one would go about doing a wheel... so I'll stick on the side of probably not viable, tbh, it sounds like tricky work, and it'd probably work out cheaper to buy a new one.

Joe : How much do you need, and what colour mate? I'm waiting for the swatch list atm so I've nothing I can show you...

Zippy : No pics yet mate, neither of us have done a car seat specifically; Hence why we'll be working in Alcantara to start with, it's just easier.

Will : We'll be doing mine over the next fortnight, so I'll be able to give you a picture of work, and a spot-on price.

VWD : I can't price 100% yet, But I would estimate around the 250/300 mark for a full trim, to start with.

I've got to stress guys, this is very much a 'suck it and see' enterprise :D We decided last night to see what we could do, so we're half gauging interest at the moment, but we've both got experience with trimming. (I used to do custom ICE builds, he used to be an industrial stitcher/sewing chap)

What I'd like is for people to post up what they'd be interested in, and I'll get an interior, and trim it, without taking any money, or any obligation on their part.

Joe : How much do you need, and what colour mate? I'm waiting for the swatch list atm so I've nothing I can show you...

What I'd like is for people to post up what they'd be interested in, and I'll get an interior, and trim it, without taking any money, or any obligation on their part.

What I'm after is simple! Black Alcantara, don't need alot, probably 2or 3 meters!

But am I getting this right - your looking for a donor car to do a free retrim onon, in order to have a car to show off to get more business?? Must be too good to be true - however if not talk to me!! I was going to be looking at a retrim in the very near future but the cost of my body mods and respray have cleaned me out at the mo!

Hey Joe :D

Kind of... I'll do it to someone's specs (someone's already PM'd me, and we're talking!), without taking even a deposit, and if they like it, they buy it for cheap money. I've overestimated his quote, just to be sure. Hate it when people go 'Oh it's 100 quid', and then it turns out to be 300, and snottiness ensues when you tell them where to go :D

The first few will be cheap, as we'd prefer to work on the quality, rather than a deadline, after that, if all goes to plan, we'll crack it up production-line style.

Steve

There were some seats for sale on here a while ago that i missed :(

They were basically normal seats with the centres done in red alcantara. How much would this cost to get done?

Skinny :

Around the 300 quid mark for a full trim, but ONLY for the first 5 or so. There's around £150/180 in materials, and a week's work in it.

We'll see what transpires, but I think trims are vastly overpriced anyway, people get ripped off constantly. I want to sort that. Interiors should be cheaper.

well if they look good (and i have faith they will) and stay at that price id be interested for sure!!

hey guys,

im a newbie on here and have recently bought my first Corrado VR6.... never been happier except the interior is a bit naff.... Im very interested in getting a re-trim but will never be able to afford the prices out there so if you are still available and offering to do this I would be very happy to be the test dummy....

my number is 07931533104.... give me a call if you are interested. Can you do leather or is it just alacantra for now?

Hopefully hear from you soon

Shak