Sign in to follow this  
basket-case

electric windows and central locking

helo chaps,

problem time...

problem number 1 - windows have packed up, unless you open the door! open the door and both windows slide happily up and down, shut the door and neither window works off either switch....arse

prob numero dos - central locking is...............as...................slow.......................as.............fcuk, and has random im gonna lock myself , not bother opening the pasengaer door moments.

Are these two errors related or am i just double knobered, all ideas welcome, just keep them clean

chiao

BC 8)

update.... after taking off door cards, cleaning up mirror switch, checking wires from door to body and replacing fuse 14 about a zillion times , still couldnt crack the prob..

fast forward 6 months, decided to have another crack at the prob after reading a few other threads, disconnecred the reversing light switch and, wait for it , success, woohoo.

Now the prob is, cars in for mot next week and if i plug the reverse light switch back in the windows are gonna fail :( , so i've taken the reverse switch apart and cleaned it up and checked all the rear light clusters, and they all seem fine, yet it still blows the fuse if i plug the reverse light switch back on.

my question now is, how do i check the wiring between the switch and the boot for a bad earth? is there a vunerable pinch point that the wiring could be earthing, and has anyone else had this prob?

cheers fellas

bc