Sign in to follow this  
rawg60

NO GO G60!!

My very much loved corrado is letting me down? Just before christmas i was driving along quite happily and my car seemed to stall i tried to bump it (as i was on a dual carriage way) but nothing happened so i managed to coast over to the layby! and there i sat for about 1/2 an hour my husband arrived and took out some of the fuses etc and gave it a quick look over and could see nothing obvious and then all of a sudden it seemed to run so off we went.

Since then its been a non runner she sometimes starts up and runs fine but after about 5 mins cuts out and we cant get her started?? we've checked all the relays and they seem fine? they were a bit wet as i seem to have quite a bad leak, but all dried out now, it has fuel all the obvious things have been checked so we are racking our brains to think of what it could be?

The car has full electrics working and the starter turns fine, fuel pump primes etc, the alarm is a clifford and is in valet mode as i thought it may of been that, but as i remember i think the immobiliser was starter interrupt and that works, the ecu control relay has been changed, not that! the ignition switch has been changed not that! and we have now changed the distributor and its not starting at all now!!!

We have now been informed it could be the ignition module on the engine? Does any one know where this is??

ALL FIXED!!!! YEY!!!

I don't know about the ignition module but I had a similar problem on my g60. Turned out to be a faulty hall sender. IIRC it's only available with the distributor and was therefore expensive but may be worth checking.

Mine had this problem so just changed the ECU control relay and the fuel pump relay plus the ignition switch and hasnt missed a beat since... Be careful trying to start it mine burnt out the ECU dont know how but managed it while i was turning it over all the time....

Was also wondering if this could be down to something as simple as the ignition switch..?