Sign in to follow this  
Crooky

Milltek exhaust manifold back?????

Is this true??????

When Dave(m3evo sold it to me he did say that the exhaust was a decat milltek system but i have read in write ups that the exhaust is manifold back as apposed to cat back???

Are these systems actually any good for the corrado G60? Mine sounds like a sack o spanners lol! :?

Anyone used powerflow or longlife for their G60 exhaust? Good or bad.......

Alex

Yea i know lol!

I used the redhill branch for my old saxo and they were terrible but used another branch for my first MR2 and they were great!!

I have just heard so many stories of people saying most aftermarket systems are no good for the corrado, they either sound crappy or knock and rattle themselves silly!

The only attraction of going for longlife exhausts is that they are custom and the spectrum of choice is excellent.......also the fit is perfect!

Alex

The Milltek on my G60 is catback, as my G60 still has a cat (well, upgraded to the VR6 metal cat anyway).

Even with Milltek, fitment can be an issue, as was found on mine, when the hanger on the midscetion box snapped and tore a little hole in the pipe, starting to blow.

When I subsequently took my C to my local Powerflow fitter (who I've had both my Roccos fitted with a Powerflow system by), we were quite amazed to see the difference between the wall thickness used on both Milltek and Powerflow. The Milltek was thinner ...

Anyway, since my Powerflow fitter moved the hanger and rewelded everything at that end, things have been OK.

I'm quite happy with the sound of my Milltek, quite quiet actually.

Tempest

My Magnex came with the car and in the last 8 months I have only needed to replace a gasket and the rear hanger :-) its very quite inside the car but apparently it makes all the right noises from outside when your boot down :twisted: I love it and would recommend one to any G60 owner!

Cheers

Dan

Yea i know lol!

I used the redhill branch for my old saxo and they were terrible but used another branch for my first MR2 and they were great!!

Alex

i had my system made at redhill. 2 years on no problem althou i asked for 2 1/2 " system . they used 2 1/2"pipe but 2" boxes cos "they didn't have any 2.5 boxes instock" whan -kers

Mine came with a milltek - manifold back - i get told it's very loud outside the car, i love the sound of it at full chat, only had to replace a rubber hanger other than that it's been great.

I have a Longlife full system fitted at the Cardiff branch on my 1990 1.8 valver, and the fit is A1 perfect with absolutely no banging, rubbing or rattling and its been on 5 months now. My mechanic even commented on how well it was fitted. He said if it wasn't obviously s/steel looking he would have thought it was factory fitted.

Its not to noisy either. Theres a fairly deep tone between 2000-3000rpm then it tails right off. Best bit is that its silent on the motorways....lovely!!!