Sign in to follow this  
P2daz

Faulty Golf Remote Keyfob??

I have a problem with my Golf (wifes), We can't remotely unlock it using the keyfobs.

I think i already had 1 faulty fob - new batteries etc but no joy and i'm thinking that maybe the second key has gone the same way.

While i can manually open the door with the key, the alarm sounds for 30s but then i can start the car and drive ok.

I have replaced batteries in both of the fobs this morning and tried reprogramming them (one in ignition - turn on then pop the other into the door and press the unlock/lock button) but still not working.

I am going to program a known good fob this afternoon to prove whether its the fobs or something more sinister.

The Golf is a '98 SE ,Does anyone have any ideas? is there a way to disable the alarm while i get to the bottom of it? I can live without central locking but the horn blaring out is going to get on mine and the neighbours nerves :?

I've tried a fob which is known to be working but uless i am trying to 'pair' it to my car using the wrong method - the problem lies elsewhere :(

Is it cos it is a Golf or does nobody have any ideas? :roll:

Anyway - i've tried all i can (to my knowledge) i even programmed both my fobs to a friends car so i know my procedure and the fobs are ok, it seems to be something in the car, i have read something about comfort control unit? anyone know anything about these?

Sorry it's a golf question

Sorted!

Disconnected the battery for ten minutes, re-programmed the fobs - working.

Never get this on my C, plenty of other problems though!