Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Fitting new injectors... *HELP*

Bought some new injectors for my MK2 Golf, proper bits from VAG

I managed to remove the old injectors, but the new ones just dont go in fully. At first I though the new ones were slightly different, so I tried putting the old ones back in. Couldnt get those to fit either!!

Now I know you'll probably suggest using a bit more force, but I've had 2 other people try and force them in, with no joy...

I've greased them up and everything.... any suggestions? :?

Do I need a tool to get them in? Was thinking of using a socket on the end of it and then trying to lever it in with a breaker bar. Will have to try again tomorrow :(

You have used new seals...........? The old ones will be as hard as nails. They should just push in with a slight plop as they seat.

Afer a quick look at ETKA, I've had a thought - do I need new injector inserts too?

The parts guy at the $tealership told me I didnt, but I'm beginning to think that's the problem... :(

How the hell do the inserts come out anyway?? Long nose pliers?

Did all of the injector come out? From memory the tip has a collar on it for a amall seal. Very much doubt you need new seats. How far are they sticking out? Assume the new and old injectors are the same :oops:

Yeah, all the injectors came out (with the help of pliers) and they were seated very firmly

New injectors are ever so slightly different, because the VW part number changed. But they are a direct replacement for the original injectors

Gonna spend a few hours on it now, see if I can get the original inserts out :)

The firmly bit is the hardened seals. New ones with a bit of oil slip in much easier. The tip of the injector also has to align with a guide inside the manifold. Make sure that bit is the same diameter as the old one. If you have to take out the seat I think they unscrew. If you have a photo of how they are sitting that would help