Sign in to follow this  
dukest

improved looks of 185/195 vs 205 tyres - opinions please!

have some solitudes that i want to do something with but I'm not that desperate to go for 205/50/15 tyres again. i have them on my speedlines and i just think they look a bit like seaside rubber rings.. :roll:

even if i'm not trying to get to furkz' level, they're just about the opposite what you'd call stretched.. :)

the car is dropped on koni/h&r and i'd like to try to go lower soon but I know that if I go too small with the wheels/tyres overall it would just accentuate the fact that the 15in wheel is basically undersized anyway.

so, would 195s at least stop the bulge of the tyre over the rim - should i go even smaller?

thoughts or pics of 195 or 185 on 15s would be appreciated!!

cheers

john

you might find yourself stuffed a bit tho if you have an accident and don't have the proper tyres,the VR came specced with 205/50/VR15's so anything less than that might give the insurance a way out of paying a claim

fair point but would that not apply to all non-standard rims/tyres though rodders?

eg. i had 205/40/17s on my old bbs rxIIs and they're probably not the right width for 7.5js?

cheers

john

true but as you have to declare mods like that,they probably wouldn't know if that was a suitable tyre combo,however as the Corrado was designed/specced to run on 205 profile they would probably void a claim if they found it to be undertyred

I've had tyres too narrow for the rims before and the sudden "break away" over the limits of grip is scary. Not exactly progressive! 7.5' is alright for 205's but nearly too wide.