Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

corsa help

i need to know how much power a 1.6 gsi corsa could have with throttle bodies cams and at least a remap (or any other na mods it could have) either that or i need to know where i can find out asap

errrrr.....this is a vw site, not vauxhall. have you tried migweb.co.uk? or com i can't remember which.

i need to know how much power a 1.6 gsi corsa could have with throttle bodies cams and at least a remap (or any other na mods it could have) either that or i need to know where i can find out asap

No idea!! I had a Corsa once as a run about and that was packing a massive 40 BHP!!!! :lol:

Never again! Shudder!

errr not many people know about vauxhalls on a vw website is the point i was trying to make :) migwebs a good place, they know their stuff on there.

used to have an astra gsi. P.O.S! 1.8 and only 110 bhp. considering it was a newer designed engine than the one in my 1.8 C and it chucked out 26 hp less, nuff said.

1.6l XE - SBD has just taper TBs taking it to 164bhp on otherwise standard engine.

They have kits taking it to 190bhp at "stage2".

It's not a bad engine - also Cosworth designed.

The vauxhall x16xe engine is pretty tuneable - they can produce over 250 bhp and nearer 300 with a turbo. In standard guise, the 16v unit pumps out 100bhp so a set of TB's could add 40bhp reasonably enough with a remap.

Eatthis,

Somebody like Jon @ Courtenay sport ( http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk ), or regal engineering ( mailto:[email protected] ) will help, you can but so much for these engines, to get them to competition spec - such as big valve heads, solid lifters, cams, manifolds, ARP rod bolts, uprated pistons etc etc, the possibilities are endless!!

As previously mentioned, SBD or Swindon race engines should help also.

Don't forget to uprate the front callipers and disks first though for the astra ATE ones!!!

You could even fit the F13 gearbox to get you to 60 pretty sharpish!!

But But But, Its a corsa,

Go and bury your heads in shame.

Have to agree with ZippyVR6 there. Corsa's are my pet hate. Grrrrrrrr done up corsas.. fecking hate the things. :lol:

Should be an instant Forum ban if you ask me :lol:

Should pick up on the word Corsa and, if there's no ridicule involved, you're outta here :D