Sign in to follow this  
gao

EURO OR NON EURO?????

Hi there,

Ppl I need ur help.i can't seem to find the answers i'm looking for.

I'm living in Romania, n I decided to buy a Corrado. Well in Germany it's pretty cheap, very good condition n tuned.But now that the system changed in Romania,n u have to pay big amount of taxes if u buy a car from outside.Even for Euro 4-5 the taxes r quite high. Now, I need to find out if Corrado, or any versions of Corrado has Euro...if it's non euro, i pay double the amount of money that the car costs, to taxes...n i can't afford it.

So long Story Short, my question is:

Does Corrado has Euro?

If yes, wot year,wot version, what engine?

I want the most details u can give me,pls

I wanna buy the car when i have the chance but also b careful with my decisions....

any1 who knows these pls comment...

thanks guys

drive safe

It's all this f*cking environmental crap that's going round. Euro has been intorduced by the EU since the beginning of the 90s in an attempt to classify all cars according to their emission levels. This made it much simpler for the relevant local b*stard governments to then tax cars according to their emissions.

The higher the Euro number, the lower the emissions (allegedly), and the lower the taxes you are likely to pay.

To answer the question: AFAIK, Corrados are Euro 1 only, i.e. pretty much the highest tax bracket (at least in Germany). You may be able to get an alternative CAT, do something to your coldstart system (there are a few coldstart systems for Audis that i know of, there may be some for Rados, too) or whatever to get it into a higher Euro-class and hence lower tax bracket.

Try http://www.kat-versand.de, if you can read German, for some solutions that may give you D3 even.

Tempest

Tempest

So all corrado's are EURO 1????Is that 100% sure?The thnig is in germany the car costs max 3000 EURO.To register it to romania and ONLY to register it to Romania for an NONEURO 1,8L G60 is 5000 EURO + Car 3000=8000 for a corrado.To register a VR6 is 7000 EURO only to register it.So that is 7000 registration money+3000 corrado=10000 EURO.

I LOVE corrado i dream at a corrado since I was a kid but to pay for a corrado 10000 EURO or 8000 EURO is to much for me.And it dose not mather if I turn it to a EURO 4.If the car dose not come stock with EURO it's useless to try modiffing it to euro 2,3,4.....

So I need a certain answer

THANK'S for any answers!!!!

You could look for a Corrado in Germany that already has been converted to a higher Euro-class.

Stock they are definitely all Euro 1 only.

Tempest