Sign in to follow this  
Crooky

Hayward&Scott being difficult!

I asked these guys to build me a custom exhaust sytem as they did one for my MR2 a while back......

To which their reply was we don't hold a mold and would need the car for a week to prototype one!! Fair enough.......

But then they asked if it was the supercharged G60! They then responded with a firm NO! Saying the heat from the supercharger destroys the exhaust so therefore they would not make a system knowing it would be faulty???????

Is this true?? What do other exhaust fabricators do then???

Alex

Forum member Blue_Joe was having some problems with heat just melting exhausts.. in the end they had to widen the diameter of some sections of the exhaust to cope with the heat. As I understand it, its been fine since.. you could do a bit of research and mention this to them?

Failing that, find a well regarded powerflow dealer or alternatively just get one of the more well regarded aftermarket systems fitted - Magnex and Supersprint are two of the more popular ones :)

I heard my name!!!!

Avoid powerflow - I had alsorts of problems with theirs! Supercharged cars generate huge amounts of heat in the exhaust and therefore alot of places just won't do them.

Longlife exhausts are good, and so are teh blue flame ones.

Admittedly my Milltek is still OK :-) OK, it's an off-the-shelf solution, but why not, if it works?

Tempest

Longlife have built a system for me before on previous cars and i have been very happy with them!

The only issue here is that powerflow and longlife use the same grade stainless stell don't they???!

I already have an aftermarket manifold with decat section so am just looking for cat back.

Alex

I have a miltek at the moment and IMO it sounds like a sack o spanners!!!!!

Not loud enough fo me!! Make no mistake....I am not a chav but i love a loud and crisp exhaust note! The miltek is too quiet and sounds tinny. Also the tailpipe is not to my liking.