Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

bleedin' clutch!!!

put me new callipers and pads on all round today n me g60 and bled them all thru, when i went onto bleeding the clutch, nothing came out of either bleed niples.

is there a trick with this or wot? i tried pressure bleeding and manual bleeding, open-push down clutch, close-raise clutch, neither had ANY fluid coming out. i even tried takin the nipples out to clear them out, one was blocked but i unblocked it.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Hmmm - pressure bleeding you should just open the slave nipple and it will come thru... you may need to take the nipple out and inspect / replace (not under pressure of course)

How does the clutch feel? when you did the brakes did you kep the res topped up (ie above the takeoff for the clutch master)?

Sorry ust read you did take out and clear, maybe the flexi pipe to the slave is shagged but I would of thought the clucth yould feel awful if so??

Manual procedure is correct btw...

hey thanks for the advice, the car was sitting for like 3 years prior to me doing this, i used a paperclip to poke into the slave with the nipple out and it flowed out like a beauty, all bled now thanks. shud be on the road in no time.

p.s. i like ur display pic, i have a karmann hardon laptop too, giggle to myself everytime i see it... (child) :p